Invention captures wasted cell phone energy, feeds it back to battery
May 27, 2015 United States
New technology makes cell phone batteries last up to 30 percent longer on a single charge.
Pavegen kickstarts crowd funding round with flagship installation
May 26, 2015 United Kingdom
Pavegen celebrate the launch of their first crowdfunding round on Crowdcube, the leading equity crowdfunding platform, spearheaded by an installation in the heart of the Canary Wharf District
Efficiency record for black silicon solar cells jumps to 22.1%
May 26, 2015 Finland
Researchers have obtained the record-breaking efficiency of 22.1% on nanostructured silicon solar cells.
Swelling magnets to energise the world
May 25, 2015 United States
A new class of magnets that expand their volume when placed in a magnetic field and generate negligible amounts of wasteful heat during energy harvesting, has been discovered.
Energy-generating rubber combines flexibility and high-output
May 22, 2015 Japan
Ricoh has announced that it has created a novel flexible material "Energy-Generating Rubber" that converts pressure and vibration into electric energy with high efficiency.
HeliaFilm® on concrete façade
May 22, 2015 Germany
Europe´s first solar concrete wall was inaugurated at RECKLI's headquarter in Herne, Germany. The façade, designed by RECKLI to fit the solar film from Heliatek (HeliaFilm®), represents a novel approach to BIOPV.
A new design of wind turbine
May 21, 2015 Spain
A new way of harvesting energy from the wind using wind turbines that have no blades.
Wearables may get boost from boron-infused graphene
May 20, 2015 United States
A microsupercapacitor may find its way into personal and even wearable electronics is getting an upgrade. The laser-induced graphene device benefits greatly when boron becomes part of the mix.
Moth's eye and lotus leaf inspire solar panel coating
May 20, 2015 United States
A moth's eye and lotus leaf were the inspirations for an antireflective water-repelling, or superhydrophobic, glass coating that holds significant potential for solar panels.
Used cigarette butts offer energy storage solution
May 19, 2015 Korea
Scientists in South Korea have developed a new way to store energy that also offers a solution to a growing environmental problem.
New shortcut to solar cells
May 18, 2015 United States
Scientists have found a way to simplify the manufacture of solar cells by using the top electrode as the catalyst that turns plain silicon into valuable black silicon.
- Video interview with Raghu Das of IDTechEx the day before the event opens.Video preview of the IDTechEx Show! in Berlin April 28-29
- GCell shows an iPad keyboard powered by their photovoltaic device.GCell discusses their photovoltaics technologies and markets
- 28-29 April, Estrel Convention Center, Berlin, Germany. In less than one week, the seventh annual IDTechEx event will provide valuable insight into energy harvesting technologies and their…Energy Harvesting & Storage Europe 2015
- A research team has invented a prototype video camera that is the first to be fully self-powered - it can produce an image each second, indefinitely, of a well-lit indoor scene.World's first self-powered camera
- Two quantum dots have been used to generate an electrical current from voltage noise.Electricity generated from noise
- New technology makes cell phone batteries last up to 30 percent longer on a single charge.Invention captures wasted cell phone energy, feeds it back to battery
- Press ReleasePavegen celebrate the launch of their first crowdfunding round on Crowdcube, the leading equity crowdfunding platform, spearheaded by an installation in the heart of the Canary Wharf DistrictPavegen kickstarts crowd funding round with flagship installation
- Researchers have obtained the record-breaking efficiency of 22.1% on nanostructured silicon solar cells.Efficiency record for black silicon solar cells jumps to 22.1%
- A new class of magnets that expand their volume when placed in a magnetic field and generate negligible amounts of wasteful heat during energy harvesting, has been discovered.Swelling magnets to energise the world
- Ricoh has announced that it has created a novel flexible material "Energy-Generating Rubber" that converts pressure and vibration into electric energy with high efficiency.Energy-generating rubber combines flexibility and high-output
- I want more information regarding printed electronics.Apple, Samsung, LG Chem move into the flexible batteries business
- We designed a very useful shock-wave sensor with a PVDF sensing element. The product already had multiple auto companies interested while it was in development. But we found that producing the…Novel plastic could spur new green energy applications
- Is it possible to buy one of these devices NOW. I would like to purchase on ASAP.Electromagnetic harvester
- Don't think that any gearing system can work over the long haul. For these applications pneumatic or hydraulic drives work much better. Good luck, but gears wear out and need lubrication and the more…Making waves with new gear technology
Energy Harvesting/ Regeneration for Electric Vehicles Land, Water & Air 2015-2025
Solar Flare Executive Reports: Latest Global Trends, Supply & Market Data and Technology Development
Photovoltaic Manufacturer Shipments: Capacity, Production, Prices and Revenues to 2019
Global Solar Market Analysis and Forecast to 2024