Making waves with new gear technology
Apr 1, 2015 Sweden
A new wave energy system, which uses a gearbox design generates five times more energy per ton of device, at one third of the cost when compared to competing state-of-the art technologies.
Many promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
Apr 1, 2015 United States
Use of solar photovoltaics has been growing at a phenomenal rate: Worldwide installed capacity has seen sustained growth averaging 43 percent per year since 2000. To evaluate the prospects for sustaining such growth, the MIT researchers look at possible constraints on materials availability, and propose a system for evaluating the many competing approaches to improved solar-cell performance.
First flexible IoT-supporting beacon needs no battery replacement
Apr 1, 2015 Japan
Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd has announced the development of a thin, light-weight beacon, weighing 3 grams with a thickness of 2.5 millimeters, that does not require battery replacement or other maintenance and is flexible enough for installation on round objects, corners, and curves.
Discovery could yield more efficient portable electronics, solar cells
Mar 31, 2015 United States
By figuring out how to precisely order the molecules that make up what scientists call organic glass, chemists have set the stage for more efficient and sturdier portable electronic devices and possibly a new generation of solar cells based on organic materials.
Novel plastic could spur new green energy applications
Mar 30, 2015 United States
A plastic used in filters and tubing has an unusual trait: It can produce electricity when pulled or pressed.
Copper atoms bring a potential new battery material to life
Mar 27, 2015 United States
A team of researchers has studied one member of a class of materials, called transition metal fluorides, that are potential cathodes for future lithium ion batteries.
Harnessing electromagnetic radiation
Mar 26, 2015 6 United Arab Emirates
A device that works by harnessing electromagnetic radiation from different sources and then reusing it to energize low-power circuits.
GreenPeak launches smart PIR sensor for smart home applications
Mar 26, 2015 Netherlands
GreenPeak Technologies has announced a new addition to its Smart Home portfolio with the launch of a reference design for a low cost Passive Infra-Red sensor with outstanding performance.
Engineer inspired by human brain to develop wearable micro-sensors
Mar 25, 2015 United States
Taking a cue from nature to devise the next generation of integrated low-power, wearable micro-devices.
UK start-up powers rural villages in South Africa
Mar 24, 2015 South Africa
Samsung and Pavegen collaborated to give shoppers in Sandton City shopping mall a positive take on renewable energy, as part of Samsung's 'What If I Can' campaign.
Paper Battery Company announces availability of PowerResponder
Mar 24, 2015 United States
Paper Battery Company has announced immediate availability of the Fast Charge Developers Kit for its PowerResponder™ product line
- After years of slow progress from small companies, flexible batteries now have the attention of big brands such as Apple, Samsung, LG Chemical, Nokia and STMicroelectronics, who are set to drive the…Apple, Samsung, LG Chem move into the flexible batteries business
- It started with the bicycle dynamo and now no self-respecting vehicle designer ignores the possibility of many forms of energy harvesting in his design of a land vehicle.Energy harvesting proliferates in land vehicles
- To benchmark new technology for electric vehicles it is vital to look at all of the off-road, on-road, water and airborne e-vehicles.Different electric vehicles pioneer best technology first
- Press ReleaseHeliatek's partner, vTrium Energy, will be implementing the world's most powerful and Asia's largest Building Integrated Organic Photovoltaic project. Heliatek's organic solar film, HeliaFilm®,…Heliatek supplies HeliaFilm® for Asia's largest BIOPV installation
- Researchers are working on improving thin-film solar cells based on silicon and want to build funnels into robust cell designs that can be economically realised over large surfaces.Silicon micro-funnels increase the efficiency of solar cells
- A new wave energy system, which uses a gearbox design generates five times more energy per ton of device, at one third of the cost when compared to competing state-of-the art technologies.Making waves with new gear technology
- Use of solar photovoltaics has been growing at a phenomenal rate: Worldwide installed capacity has seen sustained growth averaging 43 percent per year since 2000. To evaluate the prospects for…Many promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd has announced the development of a thin, light-weight beacon, weighing 3 grams with a thickness of 2.5 millimeters, that does not require battery replacement or other…First flexible IoT-supporting beacon needs no battery replacement
- By figuring out how to precisely order the molecules that make up what scientists call organic glass, chemists have set the stage for more efficient and sturdier portable electronic devices and…Discovery could yield more efficient portable electronics, solar cells
- A plastic used in filters and tubing has an unusual trait: It can produce electricity when pulled or pressed.Novel plastic could spur new green energy applications
- I invented a device to extract energy from ocean waves. search in Google as SAN BAWEC.. its capacity is minimum 1650 KW to 6000KW per setup.Ocean Wave Energy Harvesting Systems
- Hello, this is a very interesting development in the field of energy harvesting generators. My work is with power management for different types of generators, which is why this is highly…Research leads to sensor breakthrough
- First demonstration of a self-powered cardiac pacemakerFirst demonstration of a self-powered cardiac pacemaker
- Energy harvesting from vehicle weight at the toll plaza is not actually energy harvesting, it is another form of toll or taxation. When the car lands on the platform and depresses it, the car loses…Energy harvesting from weight of vehicle at toll plaza
Energy Harvesting/ Regeneration for Electric Vehicles Land, Water & Air 2015-2025
Solar Flare Executive Reports: Latest Global Trends, Supply & Market Data and Technology Development
Photovoltaic Manufacturer Shipments: Capacity, Production, Prices and Revenues to 2019
Global Solar Market Analysis and Forecast to 2024