Zinc oxide materials tapped for tiny energy harvesting devices
Jan 26, 2015 Korea
How the attractive physical features of zinc oxide materials could be more effectively used to tap into abundant mechanical energy sources to power micro devices.
Perovskites provide big boost to silicon solar cells
Jan 23, 2015 United States
Stacking perovskites, a crystalline material, onto a conventional silicon solar cell dramatically improves the overall efficiency of the cell, according to a new study.
Chitosan bioelectrode sustains metabolic power to medical implants
Jan 22, 2015 France
Researchers in France have used compounds extracted from shrimp shells and gardenia fruits to extend the lifetime of medical implants attempting to run on bodily fluids.
Breakthrough could help extend life of batteries
Jan 21, 2015 United States
Scientists are reporting a breakthrough in using very small technology to extend the battery life of some electronic devices.
Concrete delivers solar energy
Jan 20, 2015 Germany
A research team recently developed a building material that simultaneously functions as a photovoltaic cell.
Successful start of pilot project for energy self-sufficient air dome
Jan 20, 2015 Germany
Heliatek has successfully installed its solar film, HeliaFilm®, on a PVC-based membrane air dome in Berlin, Germany.
Army researchers develop batteries that don't corrode
Jan 19, 2015 United States
New, lighter batteries are under development for soldiers now, in-house, at the Army Research Laboratory.
Reflections from breakthrough marine energy trials
Jan 16, 2015 United Kingdom
The marine power plant Deep Green has now been producing electricity for more than a year, and Minesto's founder and CEO Anders Jansson shares his experiences from the trials in this article.
Maximum efficiency, minimum materials and complexity
Jan 15, 2015 Germany
A silicon-based thin-film solar cell with a supplementary organic layer can utilise infrared light as well.
Battery rechargeable by refilling with salty or normal water
Jan 15, 2015 1 Japan
Researchers have developed a new type of aluminium-air battery rechargeable by refilling salty or normal water and having a modified structure which ensures longer battery lifetime.
Clocking energy-transfer rates in quantum dots
Jan 14, 2015 United States
Energy transfer in light-sensitive materials such as quantum dots is of interest for better solar cells, LEDs, and other devices.
- In 2025 over $25 billion will be spent on formulations and intermediate materials for wearable technology, as forecast by analysts IDTechEx in the brand new report Wearable Technology Materials…Wearable technology: a materials goldmine
- ARMOR has also been developing organic photovoltaics and in this interview with IDTechEx at Printed Electronics USA they tell us more about their progress.OPV Lantern from ARMOR Group
- Engineers have doubled the efficiency of a prominent solar cell technology by unraveling the origins of a phenomenon known to hinder cell performance, stability and evaluation.Engineers identify, address cause of persistent solar cell issue
- Scientists have created a hybrid sodium ion capacitor from peanut shells in a pioneering study bridging the gap between conventional ion batteries and supercapacitors.From nutshell to supercapattery
- Stanford University's Precourt Institute for Energy, Precourt Energy Efficiency Center and TomKat Center for Sustainable Energy have awarded eight seed grants totaling about $1.5 million for…Seed grants for innovative energy research
- How the attractive physical features of zinc oxide materials could be more effectively used to tap into abundant mechanical energy sources to power micro devices.Zinc oxide materials tapped for tiny energy harvesting devices
- Stacking perovskites, a crystalline material, onto a conventional silicon solar cell dramatically improves the overall efficiency of the cell, according to a new study.Perovskites provide big boost to silicon solar cells
- Researchers in France have used compounds extracted from shrimp shells and gardenia fruits to extend the lifetime of medical implants attempting to run on bodily fluids.Chitosan bioelectrode sustains metabolic power to medical implants
- Scientists are reporting a breakthrough in using very small technology to extend the battery life of some electronic devices.Breakthrough could help extend life of batteries
- A research team recently developed a building material that simultaneously functions as a photovoltaic cell.Concrete delivers solar energy
- I invented a device to extract energy from ocean waves. search in Google as SAN BAWEC.. its capacity is minimum 1650 KW to 6000KW per setup.Ocean Wave Energy Harvesting Systems
- Hello, this is a very interesting development in the field of energy harvesting generators. My work is with power management for different types of generators, which is why this is highly…Research leads to sensor breakthrough
- First demonstration of a self-powered cardiac pacemakerFirst demonstration of a self-powered cardiac pacemaker
- Energy harvesting from vehicle weight at the toll plaza is not actually energy harvesting, it is another form of toll or taxation. When the car lands on the platform and depresses it, the car loses…Energy harvesting from weight of vehicle at toll plaza