Ultralight solar cells designed to drive drones
Aug 31, 2015 Austria
An ultrathin, flexible, stretchable and lightweight 'solar foil' has been produced from perovskite solar cells by researchers in Austria, who demonstrate the material's utility using solar powered miniature aircraft and blimps.
Solar cell that eliminates use of silver
Aug 28, 2015 1 United States
Scientists have built an all-back-contact silicon heterojunction cell structure in which silver has been completely eliminated. It has been replaced by aluminum.
IDTechEx Launchpad offers global opportunity for startups
Aug 28, 2015 Worldwide
Prototypes to be displayed at the IDTechEx Show in Santa Clara.
Only conference on the full range of energy harvesting
Aug 27, 2015 Worldwide
Energy harvesting spans microwatts to megawatts because it is the creation of electricity where it is needed using wind, sun, movement, heat difference, friction and other ambient energy.
Processed perovskite has superior stability
Aug 27, 2015 China, Switzerland
A new perovskite solar cell with 16% efficiency has been developed by researchers from Switzerland and China.
A new material for transparent electronics
Aug 26, 2015 United States
The performance of solar cells, flat panel displays, and other electronics are limited by today's materials. A new material, created by modifying a transparent insulating oxide, replacing up to 25 percent of the lanthanum ions in the host material with strontium ions, offers considerable promise.
Water-splitting project may boost clean power research
Aug 26, 2015 United States
By smoothing the surface of the mineral hematite, a team of researchers achieved "unassisted" water-splitting, using the abundant rust-like mineral and silicon to capture and store solar hydrogen.
Going solid-state could make batteries safer and longer-lasting
Aug 25, 2015 United States
Researchers have developed a new approach to one of the three basic components of batteries, the electrolyte.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
Electric vehicle end game: self-powered, energy autonomous
Aug 25, 2015 Worldwide
The end-game with electric vehicles by land, water and air is for them to be self-powered. They will create all their electricity from ambient energy such as light, wind, waves and tide where necessary storing it until needed.
Mission to build a better battery for space exploration
Aug 25, 2015 United States
A research team has been awarded $1 million in NASA funding for its all solid-state battery, a game-changing technology that could potentially power future space missions.
Wireless, fully implantable device powered by body movement
Aug 24, 2015 United States
A blue glowing device the size of a peppercorn can activate neurons of the brain, spinal cord or limbs in mice and is powered wirelessly using the mouse's own body to transfer energy.
Low-cost technology to produce electricity from sea waves
Aug 21, 2015 Italy
A low-cost, smart technology for extracting energy from sea waves is a Pendulum Wave Energy Converter.
Multi-mode energy harvesting
Aug 20, 2015 Worldwide
It seems obvious; energy harvesting is intermittent, so combine different types to make it continuous and therefore much more useful.
- Video interview with RMT Ltd at Energy Harvesting & Storage Europe.Thermoelectric Miniature Heat Flux Sensors
- Video interview with ULVAC at Internet of Things Applications Europe.Vacuum Manufacturing Solutions Enabling the IoT World
- Researchers have developed a new process to develop few-layer graphene for use in energy storage and other material applications that is faster, potentially scalable and surmounts some of the current…Faster more efficient system to produce graphene for energy storage
- Scientists in China have developed a new method for connecting energy devices without using wires.Energy devices go wireless
- Jeremy Lock from Sharp Laboratories Europe being interviewed at the IDTechEx Energy Harvesting & Storage Europe event, covering their Memory LCD technology.Memory LCD from Sharp - video interview
- An ultrathin, flexible, stretchable and lightweight 'solar foil' has been produced from perovskite solar cells by researchers in Austria, who demonstrate the material's utility using solar powered…Ultralight solar cells designed to drive drones
- Scientists have built an all-back-contact silicon heterojunction cell structure in which silver has been completely eliminated. It has been replaced by aluminum.Solar cell that eliminates use of silver
- Press ReleasePrototypes to be displayed at the IDTechEx Show in Santa Clara.IDTechEx Launchpad offers global opportunity for startups
- Energy harvesting spans microwatts to megawatts because it is the creation of electricity where it is needed using wind, sun, movement, heat difference, friction and other ambient energy.Only conference on the full range of energy harvesting
- A new perovskite solar cell with 16% efficiency has been developed by researchers from Switzerland and China.Processed perovskite has superior stability
- Great post! Thank you extending your effort for the benefit of efficient power consumption.Energy harvesting gets powerful
- Plenty more examples of Airborne Wind Turbines are availableHigh power energy harvesting takes shape
- The concept described in the topic is quite interesting in solar cell application. The tandem concept is not very new, however the implementation towards the solar cell technology is new. We are…Changing the color of light
- Very very interesting to note and say EIGHT WORLD WONDER. what Solar had done for non stop flight of118Hrs.Record-breaking solar flight reaches Hawaii