Butterflies heat up the field of solar research
Aug 4, 2015 United Kingdom
The humble butterfly could hold the key to unlocking new techniques to make solar energy cheaper and more efficient, pioneering new research has shown.
Solar textile collaboration weaves chemistry and design
Aug 3, 2015 United States
Researchers are experimenting with different ways to create solar textiles.
Wafer-thin material heralds future of wearable technology
Jul 31, 2015 Australia
Researchers have successfully pioneered a way to construct a flexible, foldable and lightweight energy storage device that provides the building blocks for next-generation batteries needed to power wearable electronics and implantable medical devices.
A wi-fi reflector chip to speed up wearables
Jul 31, 2015 United States
If the power necessary to transmit and receive information from a wearable to a computer, cellular or Wi-Fi network were reduced, you could get a lot more mileage out of the technology you're wearing before having to recharge it.
Vacuum Manufacturing Solutions Enabling the IoT World
Jul 30, 2015
Video interview with ULVAC at Internet of Things Applications Europe.
Changing the color of light
Jul 30, 2015 1 United States
Researchers have received a $1 million grant to explore a new idea that could improve solar cells, medical imaging and even cancer treatments. Simply put, they want to change the color of light.
Launch your innovation for free at Energy Harvesting & Storage USA
Jul 30, 2015 Worldwide, United States
Each week we come across brilliant new technologies from companies and research institutes and we want to help such enterprises showcase their products to the audiences of our events - which are typically the largest in the world on the topic.
Wave generator supplies grid power in Hawaii
Jul 29, 2015 United States
Northwest Energy Innovations, LLC has developed the Azura™ wave power generation technology for converting the endless supply of ocean waves into electricity to meet the rapidly growing global demand for renewable energy.
IP500 Alliance: Communication Platform for Smart Sensing Devices
Jul 29, 2015
Video interview with IP500 Alliance at Internet of Things Applications Europe.
Kitemill Airborne Wind Energy advances
Jul 28, 2015 Worldwide
Airborne wind energy (AWE) systems harness the stronger winds above the biggest wind turbines on earth. They use a small fraction of the materials and are quieter and more easily moved and commissioned so they have great potential for both off and on-grid use.
Faster more efficient system to produce graphene for energy storage
Jul 28, 2015 Israel
Researchers have developed a new process to develop few-layer graphene for use in energy storage and other material applications that is faster, potentially scalable and surmounts some of the current graphene production limitations.
- IDTechEx Research SubscribersPervoskite photovoltaics are a breath of fresh air in the photovoltaic market. They demonstrated a remarkable learning curve, going from 2.2% efficiency in 2006 to the latest record of 20.1% in 2014.…The Rise of Perovskite Solar Cells: Technology, Markets and Players
- IDTechEx are hosting a free webinar on Tuesday 4 August 2015.Webinar Tues 4 August: High Power Energy Harvesting 2016-2026
- Endeavoring to reach Hawaii from Japan to encourage the use of clean technologies, the solar powered aircraft of Bertrand Piccard and André Borschberg achieved the longest exploration leg of the…Record-breaking solar flight reaches Hawaii
- Researchers have created a new lithium ion battery made from a porous solid which greatly improves its performance as well as reducing the risks due to overheating.New lithium ion battery is safer, tougher, and more powerful
- High Power Energy Harvesting: Off-Grid 10W-100kW 2016-2026 is the title of a new IDTechEx report examining a newly significant off-grid energy market.High power energy harvesting becomes significant
- The humble butterfly could hold the key to unlocking new techniques to make solar energy cheaper and more efficient, pioneering new research has shown.Butterflies heat up the field of solar research
- Researchers are experimenting with different ways to create solar textiles.Solar textile collaboration weaves chemistry and design
- Researchers have successfully pioneered a way to construct a flexible, foldable and lightweight energy storage device that provides the building blocks for next-generation batteries needed to power…Wafer-thin material heralds future of wearable technology
- If the power necessary to transmit and receive information from a wearable to a computer, cellular or Wi-Fi network were reduced, you could get a lot more mileage out of the technology you're wearing…A wi-fi reflector chip to speed up wearables
- Video interview with ULVAC at Internet of Things Applications Europe.Vacuum Manufacturing Solutions Enabling the IoT World
- Very very interesting to note and say EIGHT WORLD WONDER. what Solar had done for non stop flight of118Hrs.Record-breaking solar flight reaches Hawaii
- Wonderful news. But will the use of precious metals increase the cost and hence decide economics ? What is the conversion eficiency achieved ?US Army has breakthrough in solar cell research
- More information about about the aircraft can be found here:…Record-breaking solar flight reaches Hawaii
- Here is an interesting piece of technology that appears to have very little practical value, but is very interesting. I cannot help wonder if it would be possible to have such unmanned drone …Record-breaking solar flight reaches Hawaii